"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Keto

 So, Keto.

Keto I wouldn't say is a diet, but a lifestyle. I've been Keto since February of this year. What Keto is, is where your food intake is High Fat's w/ good oils and Low to Zero Carbs. I remember when my cousin Taina first introduced it to me, I thought - that sounds a little backwards, cause anyone on any type of diet would say - no fats. I guess it's what we come to think is correct growing up. Well - the science behind Keto we said by Keto Coach after Keto Coach to be absolute. After doing a little research, I decided to try.

Now no carbs would mean I'm out bread, rice and pasta. I knew that much up front and thought to myself, that's what I eat on a regular. Starting Keto, my own menu honestly consisted of Steak, Ribs, Baked Chicken, 80/20 ground beef, Cheese, Asparagus, Salads and a whole lotta Avocado. It's been 5 months and adjusting to this lifestyle was a lot easier then I thought. I'm down 35 pounds and am in no rush to down another 35. What I do know, is that I take it one day and a time, one workout at a time and one meal at a time.

It gets hard to balance with all the other filler tasks of my day. But I manage. Now that I have adjusted to Keto. Starting well, today, I am incorporating the "Intermittent Fast." I've gone through a few blogs / vlogs and social media posts on different adaptations to incorporating the Intermittent Fast. The plan is to simply eat ONCE a day between the hours of 12 and 3 pm and outside of that time frame will be strictly - water or green tea.

We'll revisit this topic in another say 4 months and report. =)

XOXO Via

No comments:

Post a Comment