"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Monday, February 25, 2013

Taxes Anyone?

ahhhhh. yet another year to what? FILE TAXES!!

I still have yet to file mine. My family and I have filed with the same guy for years. Hes an accountant for the church and I have to say, he really does his . best in helping us get back as much as possible.

Now, just to recap [last years] tax filing incident. Lets begin.

I go in and file, all is fine and dandy. Maybe a day or two later, I get a call from our tax guy, his name is Brad btw. Brad calls me and asks, "Do you know if Leroy claimed Tamara on his taxes?" And as soon as he says that, my face goes RED!! My blood starts to boil and I'm just about rogue. I respond saying, "I have no clue, I can call him and ask." Brad says, "please do." Brad tried to submit my claim and it was getting rejected.

I call Leroy.

Low and behold, he claimed Tamara. He went on saying, "ya, how does it feel now?".. maybe not those words exact, but something like it. I was so pissed!

Brad got things squared away for me and I had to wait maybe another two months before I got my refund back

[anyway]

Last night. I get a call. [its Leroy]..

He asks me what I'm doing this week, I tell him the same old stuff and that if he wants to come see them, he has to ask first and I have to be home when he comes. I really dont need drama for my family if Leroy decided to attempt to take them away, which I know he wouldn't. I don't know how the topic came about but we end up talking about filing our taxes. And just to make a long story short, He had the nerve to say that we should each claim one of them.

[WOW really?]

What a nimrod right? He's so immune to common sense, I feel bad for him and any future family he has. Anyway. He goes on saying, "All you do is change diapers and go to school. You dont even have a f&*$ing job!"

I kept silent. I just listened to him rattle on about how he's the one that feeds them and provides for them. Like seriously? Clearly, for leroy, changing diapers and feeding them is all that the kids need, set aside the fact that they need, teaching, discipline, love. He totally provides all that too.. hahaha. I hung up after all that.

Anyway. We'll see how this year goes with filing taxes. Hopefully he doesn't screw it up this year.

btw.. if he even thinks that I will pick up his call or reply to his text, he has another one coming. Just cause of that one call and what he thought was [right], he's just made things worse for himself. If he dares to come over, I will totally blabber on about his lovely comments on our phone call in front of my family. Awkward moments for leroy in my house makes him leave faster. lol [works every time]



2 comments:

  1. Been reading your blogs and I don't know how you do it! school and motherhood together seems impossible to me! Keep it up girl, that's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) Thanks Line! I enjoy reading yours too! You and your little family are just too cute!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete