"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Harvest Year

Well here we are 2015.

Happy New Year!!

Coming into this new year, I normally think of all he dreams and goals I have  planned to conquer throughout the year. This New Years was different for me. INsted of dreaming of new success for the upcoming year. I looked back on the preious year with true gratitude and I remembered all the things that have brought me to where I am today.

Goals for this year have been set. Ill share a few.

1. Understnding the gospel to the fullest.
2. Sharing and Living the gospel.
3. Go to the Temple.
4. Continue Education
5. Work hard to be the best Mom there is.

This year will  be different. I can feel it.

I was reading in a book last week about the belated prophet Ezra Taft Benson. Who grew up a farm boy and learned at an early age of hard work. I wanted to share something that caught my attention.

"He came to know in those lean days that without hard work, nothing grows but weeds. There must be a labor, incessant and constant, if there is to be a harvest."

"Throughout the years of his mature life, when he walked with preidents and kings, he never lost the touch of his boyhood farm days. He never lost his capacity for work. He never lost the will to rise at dawn and wok into the night."

Before, I would have picked up a more modern day book. But with all these changes and coming into this new year, I decided to learn basics from the Prophets of old. And I have to say, I really like the change I'm feeling inside.

Humility is big. Gratitude is big. Love is big.

This year is my "harvest" year. The year I will go head up with EVERTHING that tries me. EVERYTHING that tests me. EVERYTHING that challenges me.

This is my harvest year.

Xoxo Via

No comments:

Post a Comment