"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Friday, May 3, 2013

My Little Diva

Tamara is now pulling out full sentences. I'm actually surprised with how extensiver her vocab is for her age. I try and think back to when the older kids (teta, chrstina, jay and sunshine) were at her age and what they were doing at the time, but I can't recall. A few things I just adore about the newly evolving Tamara Leethee:

Example 1.
"Mom, what's your favorite color?" - "Purple" - "Thats weird" - "Tamara, what's your favorite color?" [puts her index finger to the corner of her mouth and gives me that look of "deep thinking"] - "Ummm PINK!"

Example 2
[As we are driving on the road] "Mom" "Mom" "Mom" 'Mom" "MOM" "MOM" "MOM!!!!!!!" - "Tamara!" - "What?" - "What it is?" - "I love you." [super guilty feeling insert here]

Example 3
[Combing her hair in the morning] "Mom! I'm so excited!" - "Ya, why?" - "I love THE CROODS" - "Oh ya?" - "Ya, and me and Sunshine go watch The Croods and have it all the Popcorn and it was so so FUN!" - "That is sooo awesome Tamara!" - "Ya, Fank you Mommy for taking me to The Croods." - "Youre Welcome."

Example 4
[Getting out of the Car] "Mom, I can't open the door." - "Tamara, you can do it." - [over exaggerated grunt and opens the door] - "See mom, I can open the door." - "I told you." - "Mom, I can't carry the diaper bag, its soo heffy." - "Yes you can." [carries the bag]

Example 5
"Mom, can I go ride my bike?" - "Did you pick up all your toys and put your books on the shelf?" - "No." - "Then no, you can't go ride your bike." - "But mom, I have to go ride my bike!" - "Do you want me to take your bike back to the store?" - "No." - "Then go pick up your Toys! Now!" - "Ok."

Example 6
[Getting in the car] "Tamara, buckle your seat belt." - "Mom, I cant do it." - "Yes you can." - [grunt] "Mom, its too heffy." - "Tamara, you can do it." - [click] "Mom, I buckle my seat belt." - "Good job Tamara"

I could go on and on about the little convos me and Tamara have. They are so special to me. Watching her make new changes in her growth and her understanding, I have to say that I am proud. I think right now, Tamara is doing such an incredible job. Yes, she has that diva attitude, but I love that diva attitude because that little Diva is MINE!

She has come a long way with me and for all that I have put her through, I am truly grateful. Lately, Leroy has been trying to mend things between us to try and fix our family. But for me, I am pretty set on not turning back. Just the thought of how my life was back then really puts a damper on my day. I hated it. I don't want it. This morning Tamara woke up crying her eyes out. I asked "Tamara, whats wrong?" She said, "I miss my Daddy." That right there really makes me hate him more. To see her go through feelings like this cause of him really hurts. I know she doesn't understand why we aren't together. But in time I hope she can understand my position and not hate me so much cause her Dad isn't around. I have asked myself if I do see us together again for our kids as a happy family. But I honestly do not see it. I see all the fighting, the screaming, it's just not the life I want. They say, "time heals all wounds" but I think by the time my wound could heal, I would have already moved on. Sucks right?

Well There's a Tamara 101 for you. I Love my Tamara!



No comments:

Post a Comment