"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Parent Failing And Parent Winning

So the other day, the funniest thing .happened.

I was home from work and Tamara and Henele were fighting. No, the fighting is not the funny part. lol

I was sitting there on the couch winding down from work and I hear Tamara yell at Henele saying, "YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO - IM OLDER THEN YOU!!"

I look over at them and Henele responds with - "IM 6 YEARS OLD!!"

*** rewind***

Now, Henele is only 5. He turns 6 this December. And for some reason, the past few weeks, he would constantly bug me about him wanting to be 6. I didn't think anything of it and would say, "yeah Hene, you can be 6." lol I've told him this a few times.

***back to the argument***

Tamara then, with a super smirky look on her face says, "YOURE NOT 6."

Henele says, "Yes!" looks at me and says, "MOM TELL HER HOW IM 6!"

I look at Tamara and as she raises one eye brow, she gives me the dirtiest look she says, "Yeah Mom!, Tell me how he is 6 years old????"

So here I am, stuck between my two kids. A few things could have happened.

1. Tamara could have just said, 6 is still younger then 7. Argument done. (maybe)
2. Tamara could have brought the issue to me for a final ruling.
3. Tamara calls me out on my bluff..

I give Tamara a look like "I just failed" lol and I had to break it to Hene that he is in fact, only 5 years old.

Real tears, real crying followed for a good 5 minutes.

Moral of todays post - Honesty is the best Policy. Even when it might seem minor. Bending the truth is still not the whole truth.

Although I have parent-failed and parent-won in the same situation, I have learned my parent lesson. lol

XOXO Via

No comments:

Post a Comment