"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Just Sayin

Right this very second, Tamara is stabbing a baby spoon into a jar full of flowers. What do you think that means? lol its funny the things little kids do. Me and Mone had been chattin for a bit the other day and he asked, "I wonder what theyre trying to say, or tell us?" Referring to Hene and a little bit of Tamara. They scream, talk, blabber on all day long, but what is it that they want?.. lol all I know and believe is that kids will be kids and us as adults with all our frustrations, and especially overloaded to-dos need to sometimes CHILL and take a moment to simply LISTEN.

Every morning I go and take Willy to football practice and I love to roll my windows up and blast my music. Whatever songs I listen to sort of set my tone for the day and I let it give me the mood that I need to keep my head up and strong for my two little ones.

Well.. one morning after I dropped him off, I switched things up a little..

I rolled down my windows and turning the music OFF. And as I drove home, I LISTENED. Birds were chirping, cars were passing, sirens were sounding but above all, the wind was blowing.

It's cool when you make a small change that makes a change in your life and your perspective on it. That morning I filled my mind and heart with GRATITUDE. I promised myself I will be grateful for the little things that we as humans overlook so easily because of the way our world and society revolves.

Worldly things have take over. And we all know it. But how do we find our way back to the view of where things all began? I think this is why you sometimes hear people say, "I wish things were life before, like they were back in the day." And it's a comment like that that shows how much our world has evolved since "back in the day".. things arent so original anymore. Things now are just a step further or a newer or twisted version of what is already. Dance has gone from the hokie pokie to the cat daddy. I mean, I remember when they would bleep our cuss words on the radio, but now they've allowed some to fall through. Didn't they bleep those words out for the safety and innocence of the kids? Well whats the difference between kids ten years ago and kids now... absolutely nothing. So why the change? Children are more exposed to adult content that they begin living lives they shouldnt for years and years to come. So can we really blame them for decisions they've made? or can we be all accountable for pitching in to their decision making because of the things they are exposed to?

Tamara and Henele are exposed to kissing scenes on the Disney Channel. Immodest dressing through the singers and dancers they favorite. Attitudes and behaviors from children around them that pick it up from adults, both good and bad.

So when we hear on the news of young girls that are pregnant or teachers sleeping with their students or people committing suicide... is news like that really a surprise to us? It's not.

Aside from the things our kids are exposed to and the whole gammot, the question is and really makes or breaks the bigger difference is, "What do we as parents do?"

We have every bit of power to change this world. To really make things like they were "back in the day".. We say that we are limited to what we can do because we allow us to even have limits. If more of us believed we could do great things and work miracles like we see in the movies then our limits will be none.

To be inspired enough to do something. To do anything. Whatever is on our minds when you listen to something or see something. Inspiration that flows deep in our veins and runs throughout our entire bodies so fluidly that your mind captures images of the unimaginable. The indescribable. The magnificent. It's that moment when you see a beautiful picture. A photograph at angles the average eye couldn't see.

I as a parent will be inspired to capture that image of how I will make the change, for my kids to succeed.


Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment