"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Changing Children

Ok. So I'm sure that with all the pictures you guys have seen of my kids you have noticed by now that Tamara has Bluish/Gray eye color. And it's funny... Cause everywhere I go with her, hands down, someone is bound to say something about her eye color. I've heard it all.

"Omg, she has such pretty eyes!" / "Look at those eyes, is she half white?" - uh sure.. lol

I could go on.. It's starting to get pretty annoying to be honest.. At first, I would go on with people about how unique she is with how she turned out "white"... but after awhile, lets just say it get a little old. I'm sure Tamara is sick of herself. As attention-needy as she is, I've noticed lately that when people stop us and ask about how fair she is and her eye color, the way she reacts to it, is she turns away so people can't see her. Almost like she's embarrassed.

Anyway, I was at the NPS Store earlier today and the cashier lady was all like, "I just love your guys's eyes!" At the register was Tamara, Lee and Me. I look at Lee like, who is she talking about 'your guys'... and I say, Thanks! Then she says, "You guys have color eyes.".. haha

And in my mind I reply, Uhh duh genius, EVERYONE has color eyes! lol Even the Albino's that shouldn't have any color, but still do. You know, technically, Albinos should have red eyes. But Tangiloto has VERY LITTLE pigment in his eyes that they were able to turn out greenish/blue.

But I just think it's funny how people respond that way.

A couple sundays ago, my Mom was holding Henele in Sacrament and she turns to me and says. "Via, Henele's eyes are starting to lighten up."... I think to myself, Oh no!.. lol And don't think that it's something I don't like or appreciate. I absolutely love that my kids are unique in a different way that separates them from other full Polynesian kids. I guess, it's safe to say that it's one of those things that you won't understand unless you actually experience it. So it's hard to explain from my perspective for you to view.

 
Is it just me, or does it look like her 'blonde' is coming back? One thing is for sure, she doesn't look like a baby anymore.. (tears!)

The other day, I was playing with the both of them, weeellll, it was more like, they were playing with eachother and I was the side bust. But I caught a couple pics since I got kicked out of the game they were playing.. (jerks)


Here is Tamara pretending to be a Doctor and telling Henele that his stomach is too big!
Tamara's Review goes like this...
Patient: Henele O'Vikster Unasa
Symptom: Bloated
Diagnosis: Toomuch'similac'fatbellysyndrom
Perscription: Stop eating diet for a week!


That's a 12 month onesie.. He's only 6 months.. 


We went to Drewby's 4th Birthday party on Monday! It was such a blast! Tamara didn't want to leave but had to. =( Thanks Drewby for inviting us! 


Drew's Birthday theme was SUPERHERO! I dressed up Henele as Superman cause I had something he could dress up as. So adorable huh? Him and those abs of steel! Not to mention that full diaper! lol 


No comments:

Post a Comment