"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Sunbeamer

So, this past Sunday was our first time as the new Presidency to make so many changes to the primary program. The outline of our primary was the biggest change. Change is good though. I think. My roll was to monitor the hallways and substitute the classes with missing teachers. I subbed for two classes. One was Tamara's class, the Sunbeams, which was also combined with the CTR 4 class (her teacher came a bit late) and then later I taught the Valiant 9 that was combined with the Valiant 11 class. I have to say, it was tough. Having to carry Henele all day long, luckily some of the sisters came and took him while I was teaching or walking the halls, but doing that and having to keep Tamara in the corner of my eye, helping the late kids go to there classes and substituting is quite the task. But as the saying goes...

The Lord doesn't give you anything you can't handle.

So, after that whole experience, which by the way, church now starts at 1 and we totally didnt make it through the opening of sacrament cause Henele was screaming for food. haha I went home from church, thinking about it all and thought of different ways I can manage better.

I was thinking this whole time that the "hall monitor" roll was the easiest, I now think that it may be the hardest. Idk.. I still have two more rolls to experience and to evaluate on better outcomes.

Now, even though all of it seemed hard at the time, one moment, just one moment in that entire day made all of that craziness worth it all, and that was the moment I walked out of Tamara's class as her teacher showed up and seeing her sit with the other classmates and smiling and sitting reverent. I glanced at her as I walked out and my heart just melted away. Had I not been at church in the public, I literally would've cried. If I could've just froze time for 5 minutes to turn back and kiss her on her cheek and take a second to cry out my proud mom moment, that's exactly what would've happened.

I am so proud of my little girl. She never seizes to amaze me. Even though I'm hard on her and she has the biggest attitude, I know she has a big heart. She's good.

Just had to vent out that proud mom moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment