"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

To Be Like Her


This is my Grandma. Silivia Vaiolingi Langi. I'm named after her. If ever there was a moment that I could ever live up to her, I'd do it. I want to be just like her. She was incredible! And if there was anyone that ever knew her, I know without a doubt that when her name was said, they thought Strong Woman! She was such a hard worker! I know that everyone says that about their Grandparents, but when I say, I mean it in every way! she literally was a hard worker! She was strong in the gospel and she was always there. Even though she was old, whenever I was home, and knew she would be there, I felt safe. She protected our home. She cleaned our home. She even   cleaned the neighbors homes. Seriously. She loved to tend to our garden outside. She was always weeding, picking up garbage. And when she was done with our house, she would move on to the neighbors houses and start weeding their yards. I remember when I was young and I would think it was weird that she did that. But until I grew a little older, I now look back on it and smile.

In my life, I feel I've put her name to shame. I cry. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and do it all again, but, the right way. The way it should have been done. But, had I done it the right way, I know I wouldn't have my Tamara and Henele. So, this wish is a wish that I would never wish for.

I wonder if Tamara and Henele knew her before they came down to earth. I wonder if they spoke and if they did, what about? Did she tell them about me and what I was like when she was still on this earth? Were Tamara and Henele picked by her to be sent to me?

If they knew my Grandma before they came to me, I know that they would have only been told of the good that can be done in the world. That hard work is key. That happiness is only what you make of it.

They've come a long way since this picture huh? Tamara has short hair from when she was once the Avatar and Hen just looks like a newborn. lol But since this pic, he sure has filled in huh? These were the days when we would watch movies on our portable dvd player. We had the dvd player connected to the tv in the living room and the room in the room kinda just sat there until I finally saved up enough money to go buy one. Now that we have one, we hardley use it cause I now have cable connected to the tv in the living room. And now that we have cable connected, we never use the dvd player in the living room. Funny how things pan out huh? Waste of money! lol

I'm excited for 2013. I can just feel that it's gonna be a good year! Well everyone, as I strive this year, I'm putting in my very best! Gonna do all that I can and more!

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment