"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Sunday, March 9, 2014

I Am A Latter Day Saint

Change.

I hear that a lot these days. And it's also occurring right now in my life. In the past week a lot has happened.

It's been a few weeks since I started at the Distribution Center, Printing Division. Even though I wake up the next morning super sore and super tired, I somehow constantly have the energy to keep going. Along with school and church too. I worked long 12 hour shifts this week and shuffling school gets to me every now and then.

Yesterday, I held Faith in God. I taught on bullying and we transitioned from bullying to making friendship bracelets. The girls and I had so much fun. Each of them made 3. One for them and 2 were for friends at school or someone they felt they could befriend.

Today, I was the only Leader in Primary and it was definitely overwhelming. But I got through it and I feel that I put in an honest work.

Now, even though I lost an incredible friend last week and I wanna say that that's the reason I worked long hours this past week, to sort of get my mind out of the dumps and continue on. Everything is slowly coming together.

I got a call from church headquarters offering me two jobs. A receptionist at the Church History Center and a Doctors Assistant up at Primary Childrens Hospital. I can't wait to learn more of these two jobs. They both come as full time, benefits and great pay.  I feel at this point in life, doors have begun to open for me. I'm excited to find new adventures.

I love working at the Distribution Center. I love being able to help produce his material for the Saints and the Saints to be.

If you've ever been to an Opera or a Ballet or any type of concert, there are many rolls to the production of that show. You have your stage/backstage crew, your audience, your performers and other rolls.

I imagine when I began working at The Printing Division of the Distribution Center the Missionaries and many church leaders like Young Women Presidents to Nursery Leaders to The Elders Quorum... They are the performers to our show. Those we serve such as the Children in Primary to our Neighbors we make banana bread for and friends we invite to Church... They are the audience. Now all the workers at the Distribution Center and the Printing Division, binding folders and pamphlets and music books and even the Book of Mormon... We are the backstage crew.

I find honor in working there. I really do. I enjoy going to work. I enjoy waking up the next morning with cuts on my hands and hurting arms and sore feet, legs and an aching back. I feel that it is my "little" contribution to perfecting the Saints. I never served a Mission. But I do know that the route that I have taken has brought me to a greater Mission Call.

I am a Latter Day Saint. I am not perfect. I sin just as everyone else does. I make wrong choices and have made many mistakes. But you know what? I am only human. I can strive for perfection but I will never be and that's ok. I don't need to be perfect. I will be only what I feel in my heart the Lord would have me be and work where I feel I need to work.

I am happily imperfect.

I am a Latter Day Saint. I get to church on time. I do my best to fulfill my calling as the Primary Second Counselor and Faith in God for Girls Leader. I can strive for being an example for young children. And through all the chaos, and headaches that may and will come, I will still get to church on time.

I am fulfilling my duty.

I am a Latter Day Saint. I have other tasks that must be done on a personal level. Education and Healthy Living must be met. I cannot indulge in simple pleasures nor overlook the angles of a rhetorical triangle. I need to learn - to grow.

I am learning.

"And the Lord said unto me; Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters; And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can nowise inherit the kingdom of God." 

Have a great week everyone. 

xoxo Via


No comments:

Post a Comment