"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Sunday, March 30, 2014

In Loving Memory of Miss Maile Tuaone - A Princess Has Returned Home

We may not have all the answers
I know that we can change some of the things that are beyond our control
And the vision of us may be blurry
But use your heart to see
Just follow the beat, the rhythm will lead you right back to me

Sometimes it's a game of give and take
It's easy to break
But hold on and wait
Have a little faith


I will go down to the last round
I'll be your strength to find you when you get lost in the crowd
So I'll stand up tall, if by chance I fall
Then I'll go down as a casualty of love

The battle of us could be simple
Escape without being hurt
Cause love is our shield, keeps us concealed
From what could get even worse
All is fair
In love and war
Knock me down
And I'll get back up wanting more
Through the fire and rain
It makes me numb from the pain
That's the price, that's the price, I'll pay

Miss Maile Tuaone passed away March 24, 2014. To me, she was an incredible friend. I knew Miles through my childhood best friend - Kanika "Nik" Tuaone, who is her youngest sister (the far left in the picture). She passed away in an accident on the freeway while changing a flat tire. 

When word got to me that she had passed away, I couldn't believe it. The first thing I thought of was Lani. Her mom. Lani has been through 2 funerals now for her own family and I couldn't imagine the heartache she has gone through in her life. But I do believe that she has a strong testimony and fully understands The Plan of Salvation and through this plan she is able to continue being the strong Mother that she is. 

She has done an incredible job with her 5 kids. Through Nik, I can totally see her amazing works.

So, in honor of Miss Miles, this summer will be filled with bike rides, swing dates at the park and slurpees cause those are a few of her favorite things to do. 

To Lani - From a Mother to a Mother, The loss of a child is hurtful. For me standing on the outside of your world hurts me to a pierce. I don't know if I could bare the thought of emotion going on inside your world. But I will say this, because of the strength of your testimony, I will, as a mom, a sister, an aunty, a cousin and above all a daughter of God, strive to embed the fullness of The Plan of Salvation that I may one day have the strength to release a love of my own. Thank you for your example.

"LOVE FOR MILES AND MILES"
 xoxo Via

No comments:

Post a Comment