"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

hanggang sa susunod na beses

Kumusta Sister Tuaone!
My thoughts stay on you and your family through this time. How are you holding up? Hows the work?
This past general conference, I enjoyed all the different talks but one stood out to me and I thought of Maile.
Gary E. Stevenson
I titled his talk in my journal with a question. "What will you do in your 4 minutes to ensure you medal?"
He goes on using the 3 Latter Day Saint Olympians as reference. One in particular, Noelle Pikus-Page. She placed with a Silver Medal after years and years of competing. I think it was back in 2006 when she was a 10th of a second away of placing for a medal, and to be honest, I personally would have stopped there and said, I did my best. But she kept at it. Then in 2011 she broke her leg. Still kept at it. Now, this past Sochi Olympics, she placed with a Silver Medal. Reporters say that as soon as she won the Silver she ran right up to her kid and husband screaming, "We did it!"
Honestly, that is so cool. Inspiring.
Gary then explains that she had to practice so long and hard and her actual event would only last a good 60 some seconds. He goes on and refers to all the preparation to our life here on earth. In "heaven" time we are here for a little while, our 4 minutes. Noelle practiced hard for years to ensure her medal.
What will you do in your 4 minutes to ensure you medal?
Maile more then won her medal. Seeing all the things she did in life and hearing the stories Rosemary, Dennis and your mom shared at the funeral only touched base of the amazing work she did in this life. I could tell they could go on for days with stories of her. She definitely was a Princess and I could only imagine the happy reunion of her and your Dad.

I have to admit, I was way jealous of her perfect bangs. lol
One last thing for you. And I bet you've favorited this one.
David A. Bednar. I titled his with a question too. "Is the load I am carrying, creating the spiritual traction I need to get me back?"
I know your load is heavy. And honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I want it to be. Heavenly Father brings you to it cause he knows you can get through it. "You can't enjoy your rainbow without getting through the storm first." I know your capabilities bust the radar and that you have a far greater mission in this life then you know. You will change the lives of so many, mine included.
You are doing such a great job! I applaud you! I really do. Keep up the good work!
hanggang sa susunod na beses!
Mahal Kita! xoxoxo
Via,Tamara and Henele =)

No comments:

Post a Comment