"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

HIM

A wise man once said you can have anything in life if you're willing to sacrifice everything for it. 

What he meant is nothing comes without a price. So before you go into battle you better decide how much you're willing to lose. Too often, going after what feels good means letting go of what you know is right. And letting someone in means abandoning the walls you spent a lifetime building. Of course the toughest sacrifices are the ones we don't see coming. When we don't have time to come up with a trajedy to pick a side or to measure the potential loss. When that happens, when the battle chooses us and not the other way around that's when the sacrifice can turn out to be more then we can bare. 

Love: (noun) a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person, place or thing. Warm attachment, enthusiasm, passion or devotion towards things in our lives

Love is constant. I think. I love. It's got me all edgy. But.. once I'm there, like there ready to throw my hand down with all walls crumbling at me feet, I slowly see the wall begin to form back up. 

I've built up some pretty tough walls for myself and I've always imagined my white knight coming to knock right through it with ease and there we are. I know it's fair tale like and I may sound pathetic, but it's not like any of you have fantasized you're love story before. I'm in "strong like" and I guess you can interpret that to "love" if you'd like. I know this because when I am with him, I'm not myself and when I'm not myself, it bugs the heck out of me because I DON'T FALL IN LOVE. I've begun to question myself, I've thought things over and over again. Thinking to myself, "come on V, what's gotten into you." Answer - HIM!

I've met guys. I've gone out. But him... damn. HIM intrigues me. If there is one thing I know I do well, it's figuring out people. I've studied, observed and listened to many people. And I am very good at getting people to "open up." Maybe it's part of my personality. I know i am one rambunctious person. I've been told that many times. And I guess it's what I portray that gives others that "comfortable" feeling and then - boom - I know their life story. 

I hate that I can't figure HIM out. I'm gonna let things pan out on it's own. (not my best or favorite move) but... just this once because I clench when it comes to HIM. HIM will be my most worked. 

Love. (noun) One crazy feeling I've never really felt before until HIM came along. 



Since that morning at starbucks and had our first coffee. 

xoxo Via




No comments:

Post a Comment