"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Friday, July 11, 2014

The Lamb and The Wolf

Tonight at work was different. Tonight at work (in a way) changed my life. I never thought that this could happen. With knowing what goes on at work and how things are fast paced and when its time to go home, youre already out the door. We don't get a lot of time to interact with one another on a personal base. 

But tonight was different. 

So, in the Bible, there are many stories of the prophets of old. From Abraham who was willing to offer up Isaac as a sacrifice, to Moses parting the Red Sea, to Joseph who was sold into Egypt, to Esther standing her ground for what she believed. Many many stories are told in the Bible and we can learn from each of them. 

Back then, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ would appear in stories and how people were to be directed or instructed. But that's what I'm getting at. They would "appear."

Now, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ wouldn't appear in today's time. They just wouldn't. But you know what I realized tonight at work... That even though they don't appear, whether in physical form or spiritual form. I HONESTLY believe that Heavenly Father appears to us THROUGH OTHERS. Like our Prophet Thomas S. Monson. Just like that. Through the people we interact with on a daily base, I believe that through those people, he speaks to us and gives us the advice and the instructions that we need. 

Tonight, I worked along side with Pedro. A very good friend of mine. I have worked with him many times before but tonight at work, we had a discussion/conversation. And many things he would share with me, I related to them and knew that pieces of his conversation was like an answer to my questions. Questions to things that are going on in my life right now. And everything is very simple. 

I am a soldier of my faith. I understand my shortcomings and I know that the adversary is trying his hardest now more then ever to sway me his way. I know that he is working his way through the people i know I could depend on. I know that sometimes I don't agree with family things and I find myself trying to isolate myself. But after tonight I know that it's the adversary really trying to bring me down through the people that I love. And I'm truly grateful for Pedro for standing in place of my Father in Heaven for me to keep things straight in my life. 

Be honest in all your doings and you will reap the blessing that you truly deserve. 

Love life!
xoxo Via

No comments:

Post a Comment