"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Friday, July 11, 2014

Steadfast and Immovable

Today I decided to ask ernestly for guidence. Not so much an answer to all the struggles of my life. But genuinely asked. I began a fast last night after work at about 1 am and all day I have been pondering the things of my heart versus the things for my heart. All day has been sort of a "thoughts" type of day. Thinking of the things that I need to work on and thinking of the things that I can help out more with and thinking of things that are best for Tamara and Henele (and myself too). I want to say that because of the strong spirit I felt last night at work I am creating a common ground for myself. Sort of like my own little Utopia. 

My own Utopia. That's perfect. That's just what I need. A place that I can fall back on. My own little foundation. A place that I can always come back to when I'm not having a good day or when I'm frustrated at other things. 

Fasting today is definitley been something I needed in my life and so far has been helping me with so much. And I mean so much so much so much. 

I've been thinking that fast a full 24 hours is something I want to do every Friday. Something that needs to be consistant and as long as it's consistent than so will my faith in many things. 

My last post I title The Lamb and The Wolf. I failed to write about what it means and why I titled it that. 

In a general sense The Wolf will always eat the Lamb right? Well since last night I was talking about how the adversary is trying his hardest to sway us his way. 
 
The people we are always with, like our family or friends or coworkers and we all want to see the good in people. So to us in our eyes, we see everyone as harmless as a Lamb. But there are those that "look" like a Lamb but underneath are Wolves. =) 

am being mindful of the people that I interact with. 

I don't think I have ever fasted this whole-heartedly before. It's taking a toll on me. While my stomach yearns for something, it just reminds me of why I am doing this. Who I am doing it for. And how I know it will effect my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment