"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Live Like There's No Tomorrow

If you knew today was your last day to live, how would you spend it?

You woud find me cooking breakfast for my family. Something simple like pancakes, eggs and sausages. I would need as much energy in them as I can to get through the things I would want to do. After breakfast we would go up to Capital Hill and hike through Memorial Grove and up to Ensign Peak. At the top I would make video documentaries for both Tamara and Henele giving them the best advice I could possibly give them on life, love and the struggles that come in between. We would then head back into town for lunch at a place that would be familiar to us. Chili's or Cafe Rio. After lunch we would head home to shower and power nap. While they nap, I would make calls to those that meant the most to me and tell them that I love them. Also overlook my living will to secure the safety of the kids and go over life insurances and accounts to secure them financially. After nap time, we would get dressed up and go into town. Just my family. Me, Tamara and Henele. I would have reservations at the Joseph Smith building at the rooftop for dinner, but before, I would want to walk around Temple Square with them and simply converse with them the importance of the gospel and how it will keep us together forever. I would take many family pictures around the Temple. After dinner we would head home and I would smother them with kisses and hugs and constant "I love you"s Before laying them down to bed, you would find us on our knees. Thanking our faither in heaven for all our blessings. As they lay in bed, you would find me holding their baby books close in my arms. Making sure each page is ready for them. Making sure they're secret life letters are hidden behind each page. I would end my day with one last letter. One to each of them. The "On Your Wedding Day" letter. I don't see me crying, but accepting the Plan of Salvation and understanding it in its fullness. Through this plan, I know I will see my family again. This is only but a part of the plan. 

I may not be sealed to my kids for time and all eternity. I understand I lack a head to my household. But I do know that so long as I stay faithfull and keep my covenants, all that is promised to me in this life will also be promised to me in the life to come. I know I still have the opportunity to be sealed it's just not easy finding a companion these days. My generation is not looking at girls with kids. And for me, that's ok. I'm ok. If it happens in this life, then I will let happen on it's own. I won't guide things either which way. 

My last day to live is simple. It's passionate and just how I would want it. Thankfully I'm no where near the end and still have many dreams to pursue. I still have stumbling stones to conquer and I still have yet to make my mark. 

How would you spend yours? This question got me tthinking. 

You only live once. Take those risks, do something you wouldnt do normally, face your fear, say i love you, dance, sing, scream out loud, burn your weaknesses and spotlioght your strengths, call an old friend, write a poem of your life, trust 100%, eat chocolate, jump in a river, sprint your last lap,swing as high as you did when you were a kid then backflip off the swing, shoot a baskeball grannie style, fly a kite only to get it stuck in a tree, order a meal from mc donalds for someone homeless on the side of the street then tip the cashier and say, "youre doing a great job". 

whatever you do on your last day, dont be scared and carpe diem. =)

xoxo Via

No comments:

Post a Comment