"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Gonna Have A Good Day

I'm gonna have a good day.

You know that song by, I think Nappy Rootz - Good Day??

This one.



I get to work everyday and I have this morning routine thing where I am always singing this in my head simply to put out into the universe that, IM GONNA HAVE A GOOD DAY. And most days, this works.

I'm sitting here at work and it's kinda slow and I thought to write a post to catch up on  the topic of "work"... I don't know if I've written about this, but I'm going to catch up on what it is I actually do at work. =)

I work for Sutter Physician Services. Sutter is a Medical Foundation located primarily in California.

I work in the Billing Department. I would say that overall, I do enjoy and like my job. I don't think I could have said that about my last job, no offense to the Printing Division. But what I do, I actually have no issues waking up in the morning and going to work.

It is a call center. I know what you may be thinking, 'oh no, another call center." But it's really not like that. I feel like I am in an actual doctors office. The calls that I take really make a difference in someone's life.

One of the better benefits of working in the field that I am in is understanding insurance. I didn't have the knowledge I have today to the extent that it is currently at. Medical insurance can be so complex but after working for Sutter for a year now, I understand and apply this knowledge into my own life.

I went to the pharmacy the other day to pick up Tamara's prescription and normally I would pay $20some dollars. This time, I pulled out both insurance cards and looked in the benefits on both and am now paying $6 for her prescription.

I've been paying this $20some dollar prescription once a month for at least the last year. Image all the money I could have saved just by understanding insurance.

Anyway, here is update on my Sutter Job. A job is a job but A job that you like can potentially turn into a profession or a career.

Tamara and Henele,

Love what you do. Sometimes you might have to go through the harder parts of a job in order to find a liking to what your doing. Patience is key to anything and everything you do in a day. Learn to take a step back and take it all in. Work hard so you can play hard and "pay hard" lol Bills will be constant so incorporate all the blessings around your burdens so you can have a well balanced lifestyle. =)

XOXO Via

No comments:

Post a Comment