"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Sunday, August 20, 2017

To Love And Be Loved

Falling in love. Falling out of love. Falling in love. Falling out of love.

Tonight's post is simply on - LOVE.

The question has been hovering about for a little while now. Where do I stand on love? So I'm going to break it down into two sub-categories.

1. What I've learned from love.
2. Where I am at with love.

Love is only real when it's genuine/authentic. I ran across a saying a little while back.

"Since sex got easier to get, love got harder to find."

This rings sooo true in what reflects the world today. Nothing is genuine anymore. This saying 100% reflects the roots of Leroy and I. We started off this way and it all ultimately just came crashing down. Asking myself if any of it was genuine, I can say - at least from my standpoint is NO. None of it was genuine, again, at least from my side of the relationship. I even remember a point in time where I told myself that if just went through the motions of loving him as if it were genuine, it would somehow and some way, turn into the real thing.

It never did.

The love I have for Tamara and Henele - now that is genuine. That I see clear as day of true love, real love. That has not question whatsoever. So I know of a love that is true.

But let's break it down a little deeper and further for JUST MYSELF AND A POTENTIAL PARTNER.

With the history I've had, we are talking (technically typing) 8 almost 9 years of a fake or pretend love. Thinking back on all my past relationships, I have never known a real love.

So how do know when it's real?

That's the real question. Which leads me to where I am at with love.

Lately, I've had this mindset that - some people were meant to simply be alone. I feel this way. Maybe I was meant to be alone, no partner, no husband/boyfriend, just alone. And so I asked myself, can someone find happiness in an "alone" life? Cause that's why we find love right? love equals happiness equals life equals progression in the different aspects of life equals someone to share and love and hope and dream with.

But, if this wasn't an option for you. Lets just say that you've put yourself out there, you've mended and molded your personality, your character and even have the ability to adapt to accommodate your partner, and yet - alone is the result. is there something wrong with me or is no one really up to par for me? lol

I don't want to sound stubborn or big headed in any way cause maybe there really is something wrong with me.

I am open minded to it. But I can't let my life pass me by waiting for him to show up. So if he's out there, he will find me. He will know how lucky he is cause he will know how lucky I am. There will be no hiccups, questions or regrets. That's where I stand.

In the meantime - I will be doing what I do best. Taking it Day by Day, one project at a time,savoring every memorable moment as they come and simply live all while I WAIT.

If he shows up, he shows. If not, I will not hold back on all the dreams and plans I have in the works for this crazy thing called life.

I love and will love when the time is right and genuine.

XOXO VIA

ppssstttt. I LOVE 2017. It's been soooo good to me. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment