"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Saturday, November 4, 2017

It's Great To Be Eight!


My Dear Tamara,

I can't believe you are now 8 years old.
Not only is this huge to me as your Mom but it is also a major key point in your life as you are about to be Baptized. This point in your life really is important and I hope and pray that as you grow into womanhood you too can incorporate the importance of this milestone in your life. I hope that me as your Mom have done enough to help you reach this step and have prepared you for it also. I am excited for what is to come for you and how you bloom through this phase.
It's not easy glancing back on the past 8 years and all that I've been blessed with you in my life. There are so many memories rushing through my mind right now.
Like the time you said your first word - Mmmm!
Or the time when you took your first steps when we were living the Aunty Kuuipo.
Or the time you had bronchitis and all you could eat was Green Jello.
Or the time you left me and henele to go to Disney Land and for that entire week, Henele cried for you. (that was a trying week for me lol)
Or the time that I almost got into full on brawl at Winco cause some random lady was bullying you.
Or this past Summer when you finally learned to swim.
I can go on and on and on.
Tamara - I credit so much of who I am today: as a mom, aunt, teacher, friend and worker to YOU!
It's because of you that my life became so clear. You really have brought color to my world and I honestly couldn't be any more proud of you and all that you have accomplished thus far in your life.
I am so honored that I get to be your Mommy!
I love you with every bit of me.
And with all that you have taught me and have helped me grow to be, I will do my best to teach it all right back to you so you too can be as good as I have become.
I want you to be able to see the good in others - especially the ones that need it the most, whether they hate you or offend you or challenge you in ways that seem impossible to achieve.
I want you to know that YOU can do it! You can do anything in this world as long as your mind and heart are pure.

Happy Birthday Tamara Leethee Unasa,
You are the sparkle in my eye. =)
XOXO MOMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment