"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Monday, August 27, 2012

Turning Points

Change is good. As long as it's good change.
It's a new week. School starts this week for the kids. Not mine, but my other kids that so happen to be born by my sisters. lol Summer vacation is now over and honestly, I'm gonna miss them!
Like I've mentioned before, I watch Teta and Sunshine throughout the summer. I remember just last week complaining about them giving me the biggest headache and that I couldn't wait for them to go back to school.
I totally take all that back! I'll take the headache if it means I get to watch them still. =(
Turning points sometimes suck! What do I do now? Who's gonna annoy me now? I'm totally used to Tamara. I've mastered her. lol
But really, I hope the best for Teta and Sunshine and even Jay and Christina this year at school. They are growing up to be such great kids.
We celebrated the august birthdays last night and all the kids were on the porch playing around. I went out with the two babies and just watched each of them. They each have such distinct personalities. None of them similiar to the othe. Perfectly different. As I sat with the two babies the older 4 came and stood around me and started singing! I loved every bit of it! While on the side, Tamara and Koko are fighting over this toy and that shoe. Random things.

But this will be a turning point for us. Tamara is used to waking up and Sunshine being here. But now, she won't be. So we'll see how she reacts to this change. Now would be a good time for me to really step it up as a mom. Instill in them some knowledge of the gospel and also basic things. I'll be buying tons of kid books. I need to impove Tamaras speech. I want her vocabulary to be a thousand times better then mine. I guess we could learn together. There's always room for improvement.

Discipline.

Oh how that part of parenting is the hardest for me. Tamara has a special type of attitude.
Lately, while at church, I've studied other moms and their kids to see what types of methods they use to discipline. This way I could maybe pick and pull things I may consider to try. I've learned that some kids listen and learn better by praising them. Other's by really talking to them at their own level. and many other ways.

I'll probley try them all. lol

Tamara is so the type to be praised. She loves to hear that she's doing a good job. She loves when I make surprised faces and talk all excited when she is doing something good.


He's growing way to fast for me. He's such a handsome boy and he totally makes my life easy! He is Tamra's soft spot.


 
 
Today starts a turning point for the 3 of us! Wish us luck! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment