"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Monday, March 19, 2012

Git R' Done

Hey!

So I was reading some news articles on the internet to kinda update myself with what's going on out there.

One stood out.

In Florida, Ft. Lauder dale to be exact there's a law firm company that fired 14 employees. Why?

Because they wore the color Orange.

Pretty lame huh? I read on to find out that the company "felt" that this group of 14 were protesting against management. But in "actuality" these 14 had planned to wear the same color, cause they were gonna go to happy hour after work and wanted to color coordinate their group.

One of the 14 happens to be a single mom with 4 children. I feel for her cause I could relate. Obviously not the same situation but we can relate some.

 
I ran into this on Pinterest, and I sort of stepped back a bit. These four words, this simple phrase got so many things running through my mind. Not so much Tamara and Hene, I mean, they're running through my mind constantly don't get me wrong. But this time around, I got to thinking about my own life.

I'm only 22 years old. I'm still young enough to pursue my own dreams. Do things that I've always wanted to do. And what makes this thought even better, is that I can share all my "dream chasing" experience with Tamara and Hene. Instead of me living my life and then watching and helping them live theirs, they can experience it all with me. That's exciting to me. I don't have to tell them stories of "when I was" or "there was a time" lol..

So, moving on to....

The Dream

Short Term - Get my CNA

Long Term - Become a Family Practice Doctor

Saying it seems so much easier then actually doing it and obtaining it! lol I wish it was as easy. My CNA Training has already begun. I've gone through 2 weeks so far and the program is averaged at a 6 week time frame. But what makes it a great program is that it's "self paced." So instead of getting certified in the 6 week time frame they've outlined, I want to get it done in 4. This week is Spring Break so no school all week this week which is actually pretty cause it gives me a chance to get ahead and get r done! =)

So with the program I am required to do 4 clinicals. 2 at a rehab center and 2 at the hospital. This past Friday and Saturday I got 2 clinicals done at Woodland Park Rehabilitation Center. The experience I had pretty much confirmed my goal of becoming MORE then just a CNA. I'm sure you all know that a CNA does all the dirty work. And let me tell you. It's a fact. lol I did everything from changing diapers to shaving old men facial hair to feeding them. It's a lot. I feel bad for current CNA's and wonder why they haven't pursued anything further then a CNA position. It's cool though when you get a chance to interact with the residence and you can learn what it was like in "their time".. I met Millie. She's was so nice to me. Millie is 101 years old. I thought to myself, "she lived through all the wars" lol.. But I helped feed her. 

I learned a lot at the Rehab Center. It was a great experience. 

Tamara lately has been just the same old. She's not as bossy. Well to me at least, not sure about other household members. lol She's starting to use the bathroom on her own. She's "in control" of her BM's. haha
BM is the medical term for Bowel Movement. haha.. 

Henele is still the angel he's been. He's so good to me and is so chill. At church yesterday he was awake all through sacrament and just sat still and didn't cry one bit. I got to enjoy the testimonies that were shared. It was great and also, since Tamara is so active in Nursery she sleeps all through sacrament. So hopefully if this routine sticks, church won't be as hard as I had imagined it to be. 

Love. Me and this topic really need to have a talk cause we are so on different pages. lol But on that whole topic.. if this is even considered one for me at this point in life is "progressing"... I've grown up around the "Vanilla Theory"... They taught me this in Young Women and I've believed it to be true and still do. Now, if you don't know what the Vanilla Theory is, it's pretty simple.

Compare your favorite flavor of Ice Cream to the type of guy/girl you like. Instead of sticking with your favorite flavor Ice Cream, try out all the other flavors and be sure it's really your favorite. So comparing that to men, simply date around. I've talked to a couple of guys since the divorce. I feel it's too soon for it so I talk with "friends"... Nothing more. I'm sure when I feel it's right, it'll happen. 

For now, I'm gonna enjoy living single. It's great! =) and just one more thing I want to leave you with...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment