"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Strepotitisphobia

What comes to mind when I say, "Strep?" .....  Every time I ever heard the term STREP I think Strep Throat. Do we agree? And when we think Strep Throat we think, Cant swallow or swollen throat... Well..

Did you know you can get Strep on your SKIN?..

Usually around winter time when the weather is really dry, is genetics that me and Tamara get really dry skin and even spots of eczema. But never anything too big that we can't handle. Normally just spots here and there, then we slab some hydrocortisone 1.5 and we are in business!

About a week and a half ago, Tamara grew some eczema on her left hand. And with the normal routine, I call Nurse Christina for a refill on the Hydrocortisone, pick it up and put it on. I did that for a couple days but noticed that it was still there and wasn't coming down, it actually looked as though it was getting worse.

At the same time Tamara's hand is like this, I catch STREP THROAT! I was coughing, headache and best of all I couldn't swallow. Strep throat is contagious. So I had to try my hardest to maintain what I had but at the same time be conscious about being around Tamara and Henele. I go to the instacare and GET SHOT! The penicillin they shot me with was so thick that I can still feel the pain today.

This is all happening just this past tuesday. We woke up, I got the kids ready. And me and Tamara were on our way to the hospital to pick up my badge. But as I was driving down the block I could tell just by the hurt feeling of swallowing that I had Strep. So instead of going to the Hospital, I go to the Instacare. After about a 2 hour wait we finally were good to go home.

Worried that Tamara or Hene have strep, I schedule an appointment for later that afternoon for Tamara and Henele to get checked out.

We get to Dr. Vierra and she tests Tamara POSITIVE for strep. And when she looked at Tamara's hand, it too turned out positive for STREP!.... Who would've thought that you could get strep on your skin.

Tamara is still on her anitbiotics and Henele is healthy as a horse. Tamara is doing so much better and her skin infection has gone down so much!

The strep monster is alive and living people! Beware! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment