"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Monday, April 30, 2012

On The Upside!!


After I say my morning prayer, I like to sit and Meditate. I try and get up as early as I can so I can do it while the kids are still asleep. But this is what my body posture looks like "most" mornings. What I think while I meditate are 1. The Kids and what I am going to do that day to make them smile. 2. Think about the chapter I read in the good book the night before and try and apply what I learned into my daily life, whether comparing it to something I actually do that helps me progress or just feeling the spirit. 3. Family. How I can lift the burden of me and the kids off their loads for me to carry on my own. 4. Work. How I can outshine my co workers so I can be "top-notch"..

Meditation really does help me. I feel like a clear my mind. It's a clean slate for the new day, ready for me to put a whole new load on. It's great!

So, the CNA Program I did through SLCC is done. CHECK!.. The 6 week program was only a 4 week program for me. There are 2 tests that have to be taken to be CERTIFIED. I've done one so far. It was the written test and the test is scheduled for 2 hours, I finished in 30 minutes. The next test that I still need to take is the Skills Test. Then after I pass that one, I will be certified. But in the mean time I've been applying for jobs, and guess what? I GOT A JOB!! lol 

Last Thursday I applied for this company called Homewatch Caregivers. They called me Thursday and we scheduled and interview. Went in Friday and was hired and Saturday, I started. So yes! I'm back in the workfield! I'm making pretty good $$, and it will help me and the kids a lot to get things more together then just living off of Leroy's $440 a month. It helps, but not as much as I would like, for the kids. But anyway. I'm working and my little 4 week training through school is now paying off!


As far as our family biggest loser goes, I feel like it's just me and my Dad competing. We are the only ones that have really lost any weight. This week is now week 4 of the competition. Here's my progress...

204.4 (starting weight)
Week 1:      197.6      -6.8 pounds
Week 2:      193.8      -3.8 pounds
Week 3:      188.4      -5.4 pounds
188.4 (current weight)

I'm pretty much proud of myself. I'm getting back in shape. I finished my training course at SLCC. And I got a job as a CNA. I continue to get blessed and I find myself happier then ever. My kids are just as amazing. and they are still by my side cheering me on to do my best!

But the picture up there IS MY GOAL! How I would love to wear a shirt like that, with ABS like that and go to the gym and show them other girls WHATS UP! hahaha.. So silly.. But I really do want to feel like a badass once I get toned.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment