"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Indexing Begins

So last night I logged into my LDS account... Haven't done that in the longest time. But anyway. My sister Lee has been doing something called "indexing"... I decided last night to check it out.

Indexing is somewhat close to genealogy. Records of people dated back to who knows how far. This way people that are in search for their ancestors can hopefully through the church system be able find them.

I did my first batch of 10 records and I recorded a family by the name of Cunnigham. Most of them were born back in the early 1800's, from Ennis, Texas. After doing 10 records, it got me thinking of how many more people are waiting to be recorded. How many people are waiting for work to be done for them.

I drew a picture in my mind. A simple picture.

I see a huge golden gate with the most fine handwork. The bars of this gate are so detailed that anyone would simply be in awe. Then in front of this gate, stand people. Some sitting on the curb, some touching the golden gate. Those are the people in heaven waiting for someone here on earth to do their work.

It's funny. Here I am sitting, crying, complaining about the most dumbest things. Things that I shouldn't even be wasting time on, including this blog. lol When all the while, there are people in heaven looking down on me asking for help. I ask myself, who am I to complain about my mistakes, my wrong doings, my life when there are people in heaven that are more stuck then I am. They sit and wait, while sit here on earth enjoying my tacos and facebook when what I should be doing is, helping those on the other side.

Hell.. there are people on earth fighting for their lives!!

It's safe to say that I am selfish. I think it's about that time I turn my life around.

No comments:

Post a Comment