"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Limits


So. We had regional conference today and I enjoyed it. Now I'd like to write about a talk that was shared by Lawrence -something. I was to blind to see what his last name was but what he shared actually confused me. I'm just gonna hit the points.

Wife. Husband.

Wife cheats on husband over and over again. Husband continues to allow her to come back regardless of what she's done. He forgives her. Opens his arms to her. Is kind to her. And even though she does those things he always waits for her return.

HHmmmmm?

That story was later converted to the Wife representing "Israel" and the Husband "our father in heaven"... Now I understand that people makes mistakes and no matter what, Our father in heaven will be there for us and that he will always open his arms unto us. But the whole wife and husband analogy is what threw me off. Are there really people out there like the "husband"?? Are they saying that even though some spouses mess up the other spouse that is faithful should continue to let them back?

Umm.. Sorry. That's not gonna happen. I wish he would've used a different type of story for us to understand and remember that our father in heaven will always accept us even with the mistakes we've made.

On the plus side, It's a good reminder that Heavenly Father forgives us. But on the down side, I'm not taking Leroy back ever. Or James whatever his name may be at this point. Call me stubborn and ignorant. But really? I think there's a limit to how much of that crap you should take. And for me and him, his was quite excessive. So I would say, I did my part in fighting for the family.

I hope that couples out there keep there relationship in check and always stay in tuned. I totally look down on those that allow their partners to continue treating them anything less then what they truly are. We are human!

Welp. That's my two cents for the night. If I have ever by ANY CRAZY CHANCE find the male version of me, hell, I'll propose. hahaha kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment