"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Thursday, October 25, 2012

No Justice Served


I know what youre thinking. Who's the white girl.

Well. Last Friday in my writing class our homework was to write a 2 page report on a current event, journalism style (my fave). So as I switched back and forth between ksl and fox 13 I ended up just simply closing my eyes and circling my mouse on the different articles and news reports and figured that's how I was going to pick my current event.

Welp. Her name is Autumn Pasquale and she was murdered this past weekend. As I sat here doing more and more research on her case and watching different news reports, I find myself feeling more mad about her murder and more sorrow for the family. Almost as if I knew her myself. This girl lived on the other side of the country in New Jersey.

Her story has swept the nation. She died from two brothers age 15 and 17. Like REALLY? What the heck goes through a killers mind while in the act of their selfless crimes. I absolutely hate people like this. No motive. NO NOTHING! To take an innocent young girls life for no damn reason is soooo ugh! I can't even think of a word that describes my anger.

The two suspects names aren't being released because they're being charged as juveniles but tomorrow they may be tried as adults. I would hope that for swift justice for our Autumn Pasquale they do.

It bothers me. It does. I don't even know this girl and I feel like I need to go kill those two dudes to get her the justice she deserves. I don't know. I know that there are far more cases just like this one and yet here I am going all biotch on this one because my mouse happened to stop on her news report.

What if I had picked something different that really would have pissed me off. Why can't we just have some justice in this world. Hell. Why can't everyone just BE NICE! Gosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment