"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Perspective

So this past Sunday the Tausinga Kids and Malaeulu Kids had their Primary Program. My mom and Dad stayed at church to watch and support them. After an amazing performance, my mom invited all of them over for Dinner.

Dinner was great and while we all ate we asked the kids to show case their performance for the rest of us that werent able to attend at church.

They did an amazing job ESPECIALLY OUR LITTLE KOKOMOTION!

This film (slideshow) is brought to you all in honor of our Tangiloto I' Moana Malaeulu aka KokoMotion!

Koko: "Does it really take this long to take a picture? I'm tired. So I'll just have a seat."









"Still waiting people? Can we get the show on the road already? You know what? My shoes are feeling a little tight. I think I'll take it off."









"That feels much better. Ill give them something to watch. Ill just keep scooting this way and teta and christina wont even realize that theyre getting kicked off."









"Haha. I bet no one sees me with only one shoe on. Booya! I'll go ahead and take off this other one. No one will notice."










"I dont see how they wear shoes? It feels so much better without them. Who even invented the dumb shoe anyways? Lets go ahead and move on to these socks while they watch these fools sing like they're the jets or something." 









"Uh oh! Grandmas looking at me. Maybe if I turn and face this tree she wont see me. Come on dumb sock. Get off!"









"Okay. Grandmas not looking anymore. Thank you Tamara for fist pumping at the crowd. Now they will never see me take it off." 









"Crap! They're watching! Quick, turn back to the tree!"










"Hurry! Hurry! While they try and hit high notes."










"Ahhh! Feeling better already."










"Man, these guys need my help. I better get up and help them out."










"Alright guys. I guess I can help. Now that my feet feel much better."










"Wait wait! I still have this other sock on. Give me a second guys. Keep them distracted!"










"Uh oh. Is that mom looking this way? Now either I hurry and take it off or sit here and stare blank."











"Maybe if I pull it off from this side, it'll come off faster?"












"This dumb sock wants a fight? Ill give it a fight!"












Aki: "Koko!"
Koko: "Uh oh! Im busted. I guess Ill just sit here and wait for tamaras fist pump to take their attention away."











"Henele, stop moving around. Sit still while I take off my sock! and you dont have to watch."











"UUUUhhhhhhhhhh!"












"AArrrrggg! I give up! I'll just get up and sing."











"Okay guys! I'm ready!" 
Perspective. I bet if you were sitting in the crowd watching their little performance, you would have enjoyed the singing and caught a glimpse of what Koko was doing. I think that us adults and especially parents tend to see the bigger picture but sometimes need to see the small details of it. In this case, while koko is busy taking his socks and shoes off (still well in our picture) we watch the performance.

Understanding the gospel for me has always been a "bigger picture" type thing. But now, with Tamara starting to understand things and really just turning that point from a baby to a girl, I still have the challenge of "seeing in detail" the gospel for myself. Actually understanding the stories of the bible, the book of mormon, the doctrine and covenants.

How am I to raise this gospel around the kids wanting them to grow their own testimonies and really just understand it, if I havent done that on my own?

It's time. It's time I really sit down and study the gospel that I can have my own testimony and more so that I can relay the messages and teachings down to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment