"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Friday, October 12, 2012

True Teammates


So I'm watching Koko and Juicy along with my two right now. And I can't help but laugh. It's so bad though. Cause when it comes to those times when you really need to put your foot down and teach them what's "right".. I can't help it. They just crack me up. And what makes matters worse is that when I or someone else laughs at the things we need to "correct" they think its a good thing cause when we laugh, its good making them think, doing whatever bad thing theyre doing a "good" thing.

Oh geeze.

So Tamara and Koko are running like maniacs over here while Juicy and Henele take a nap. Tamara has a scream of a scared teenage girl. And I keep telling her to stop cause she's gonna wake up the kids. But in the mind of a 2 year old that's playing with her all time favorite friend Koko, is she really gonna stop? Probley not.

So finally after about the 5th loudest scream I hear from her, I tell her, come sit down (by the wall far away from the toys and tv) in time out. As she says her "sorrys" and "its my fault" cause by this time she woke up Henele and is already up and crying, I watch Koko.

Koko watches me put Tamara in time out and when Tamara sits down (all depressed like someone killed someones cat) I wonder what Koko is gonna do...

Was he gonna go back to the tv and toys and play or was he gonna sit with Tamara in time out.

Yup! He sat in time out!

They are true teammates. It never fails when one is trouble, so the other shares the punishment.

I love my monster crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment