"People are often unreasonable, irrational and self centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; be honest and sincere. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight; create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten; do good anyway. Give the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Theresa

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Living The Abundant Life

"The greatest revolution of our generation, is the discovery that Human Beings, by changing their inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
-William James, a pioneering American phycologist and philosopher

Big word, Attitude! It's funny how some small alterations to our attitudes can change so much.

Tamara and "attitude" get along VERY WELL! lol She screams at the top of her lungs, she cries for endless minutes, she bosses EVERYONE around and when I say everyone, I really do mean everyone. The other day she kicked my sister Leslie (who is I believe 26 years old) off the computer so she could watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse videos on youtube, she has temper tantrums equivalent to lets say an overflowing daycare center filled with ALL 2 year olds haha, and I don't even want to get to her "fight"... girl is a beast! haha

But regardless of all that attitude, I honestly don't mind one bit! Discipline will happen. Fact. She's just too young to understand. I figured I'd let her and her attitude run it's course and soon enough, she'll be find her manners. Cause if she doesn't find them later on, MOM WILL! haha..

Hene. He definitely has his dad's temper. FOR SURE. He's not even 2 months old and I swear the other night when I had gone to make him a bottle and picked him up to give it to him, he fought back with me. I laughed so hard cause it reminded me of his dad. But just like fights with his dad, I always win. lol

Now me and my attitude. I think after all that's been going on, my attitude has totally been "checked"... I feel like I've found inner peace. Literally. I've taken things in little by little and have now reached ACCEPTANCE. I have to keep my mind on the future. It keeps me stable. Cause I know that I'm in control of the future and what happens are things that I can prepare for. I try not to dwell on my past, it hurts too much. But I feel that the only way I know I've finished that chapter of my life is if I can think back on it and not let it hurt me. I accept it. Instead of feeling down in the dumps about it, I'm gonna smile. Without it, I wouldn't be as strong as I am now.

Our Prophet Thomas S. Monson wrote an article in the January Ensign entitled Living the Abundant Life. I love it. He goes on about ABC's we need to follow.

A - Attitude: Have a positive Attitude.
B - Believe: Believe in yourself and those around you
C - Courage: Face challenges with courage

Simple enough right? Well, I believe that because I'm so in tune with the spirit and have returned to the basics of the gospel, I'm successful and that for me will be enough to get me and my kids by. I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment